Sunday 27 September 2015

3D Art: The Barrel

So after the delightful highs of 2D art it was time for the huge challenge of 3D. Part of the reason I enrolled on this course was to throw myself into the deep end. Add some new strings to my bow. I've been making art for years now but had never jumped in to the 3D arena.

Oh Maya. Cruel Maya.

This Barrel was a challenge, no two ways about it. A simple geometric shape with a few twists here and there and it was like being back in school all over again. Frustrating but in the end, worthwhile. There are some issues - I struggled getting the Turtle Rendering to take hold in the final texture map. Texture stretching is an issue along the metal rims of the barrel. But boy was it an exciting learning process. I'm excited to have this under my belt now, warts and all and can't wait to take the next step.

Part one: Barrel. Part two: Battle Arena.


No comments:

Post a Comment