Monday 18 April 2016

3D Art Production: Reflections

The 3D modeling aspect of this course has been extremely challenging for me this year. It has challenged perception of art creation and has pushed me to be far more considerate of my designs in 2D concept art. Maya was extremely daunting at first, but now I feel far more confident and even find some joy in creating models.


The statue was probably less stressful than the rest of the battle arena. Maybe this is just experience and confidence, or just that we had more time to produce a singular element, but it was really exciting to watch this come together.


I still had issues with uv unwrapping and stitching; many of the seams aren't in places I would have liked and created some texture clashing and stretching. This is certainly something to work on over the course of the summer and next year. The arena in comparison now feels smaller and more rudimentary but again, I can chalk this up to experience. I made some small changes to it and added some animations to make it more immersive.  Overall I'm very happy with my statue and look forward to more challenges in Maya and Unity.




No comments:

Post a Comment