Saturday 6 February 2016

3D Art Production: The Torso and Legs

To be straight up, I think I'm starting to get the hand of this. After setting up the fiddely reference, it was quite fun to begin modeling the main torso area. Now, not getting ahead of myself, these structures are rather simple and tubular in comparison to the complex and head but still, it is starting to feel more smooth.


I wanted this figure to be strong and athletic as opposed to a hulking mass, in line with my reference and modelsheet designs. The romans were very image conscious, yet if you look at many sculptures they tend to be the idealized form of man as opposed to a totally fantasy design. The hips have been a nightmare to link the torso and legs together and may take a bit more work to do. If I can't get them working properly, creative posing may be in order.





No comments:

Post a Comment