Monday 5 October 2015

3D Art: Column

This week we were tasked with modelling a hi poly Roman Column utilising photo reference in Maya for the first time.

This was perfect as my Battle Arena had columns throughout...hinting at a world that may have been. I had already created columns but they were very basic and not as smooth as this tutorial intended.

The curve tool was something I had been looking to use for a while - It is very useful when trying to make more organic grooves in shapes. It finally feels like I am starting to get to grips with Maya a little more. This model is very high density so I may have to lower the poly count later down the line but I'm very proud of this simple little fella.

It also help that these feature heavily throughout my project! One prop down....

No comments:

Post a Comment