Thursday 10 December 2015

Gameplay and Interactivity: Final Prototype

The hand in is tomorrow!


This experience has been full of highs and lows. Coding and Script Writing began to sink in during the latter weeks and I was able to troubleshoot my own code without resorting to online resources and fellow classmates by the end. Doors actually proved to be my enemy throughout this process. That and trying to make a working flashlight!


Level design was one aspect I'd never thought of deeply before, and in hindsight I would really have spent more energy creating a map layout worthy of the players time. If the person playing your game doesn't have a clue where to go or what to do, you have failed.


It was difficult to work to a time constraint - I had to be economical with what the level contained and how long it would take for the player to get across the map. It is easy to create obstacles but you have to consider whether or not an actual off the shelf game would contain those tricks.


Modeling can certainly be improved too. My player is given a flashlight that shines direct light onto everything I've made. Any overlapping or sloppy modeling is laid bare for them to see.


Overall, I'm pretty proud with what I've come up with. Sure, there is plenty I would improve on, as with any project. However, looking back at Greybox version one and comparing it to my final hand in - they are worlds apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment