Friday 11 December 2015

Visual Design: Anthropomorphism

This week we had a look at Anthropomorphism throughout the entertainment industry and were then tasked with designing a Frog character whilst adhering to the main rules.


I started as usual with some silhouettes to get a feel for the shapes and character stances I'd like to work from. Straight away I envisioned a Frog with attitude - some sort of mob boss or enforcer. From these 3 silhouettes, I ended up with a combination of the first two. Using a mood board of assembled images, I really wanted to aim for a rough and tumble sort of guy. A tough Toad, who had seen a lot whilst working the doors at various clubs.



Another part of the tutorial involved Feng Zhu and an awesome painting technique using textures. This works a treat with organic looking materials and I utilized it here to great effect. I had difficult painting realistic folds within materials - Definitely something to work on.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this guy. I certainly wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.




No comments:

Post a Comment