Monday 14 March 2016

Gameplay and Interactivity: Pause Script

Part of the brief stated that all members of the team had to produce one piece of production art for the game and one piece of script. My main strengths are in 2D production and concept art but after my first foray into the world of scripting, I was excited to contribute to the project.

I took control of the pause script. Although relatively basic and straightforward it is integral to nearly every game produced today and I felt confident enough that I could pull it off successfully and efficiently considering my art duties.

Getting the canvas UI to work correctly was a bit of a pain because I couldn't put it straight on to the canvas. I had to create a panel to place it on underneath. It was also a slight nightmare trying to get the panel alpha to act independently of its child element. After navigating these issues though, it was easily bound to the letter 'P' using an 'Input.GetButtonDown' command ( thankfully that was a bridge I crossed on the winter assignment with a torch).



No comments:

Post a Comment